Shrimp with Shallots and Mustard
– 10 medium uncooked shrimp
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– ¼ cup olive oil
– 2 medium shallots, minced
– 1 bunch fresh tarragon, minced
– ½ cup Chardonnay
– ½ cup heavy cream
– ½ pound butter, diced into small pieces
– 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
– 1 tablespoons minced chives
– Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp and cook 8 minutes, stirring; remove from skillet and set aside.
– Add shallot and tarragon to skillet and cook 3 minutes. Add Chardonnay and heavy cream; cook for another minute.
– Add butter and Dijon to skillet, stirring to incorporate. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until well combined.
– Pour sauce over reserved shrimp and serve garnished with chives.